GRAVITY CHAISE LOUNGE - BROWN/WHITE COWHIDE
GRAVITY CHAISE LOUNGE
This mid-century modern piece is the best known and most successful modernist chaise lounge of the 1920’s & 30's. The chair first was created in 1928 and exhibited at the Salon D' Automne in 1929. It was originally commissioned for the furnishing of a single villa in the Ville d' Avray, a commune in the western suburbs of Paris, France. Floating above its supports, the Gravity Lounge utilizes the forces of gravity to adjust its angle while mirroring the body's natural curves.
MAKING THE ICON
Kardiel’s premium reproduction of the Gravity Adjustable Chaise Lounge boasts exacting detail to the original. True to the original, the body of the Gravity lounge is amptly plump, stuffed with multidensity dacron wrapped foam. Hours of ongoing comfortable lounging result. The base frame consists of pure heat powdercoated steel made to exacting specfications of the original. The angle, curves and bend of the triple chrome coated tubular bent steel body represent the dimenions and scale of the original design. The Gravity lounge is an early example of ergonomic design, mirroring the natural curves of the body.
Expertly upholstered in your choice of premium top grain soft Aniline dyed leather or genuine cowhide, the gravity lounge is a modernist reproduction of a well acknowledged modernist design that is crafted to last the test of time
COWHIDE LEATHER UPHOLSTERY
Cowhide is the natural, unbleached skin and hair of a cow. It retains the original coloring of the animal. Cowhides are a natural by-product of the food industry obtained from cattle. In the tannery, a traditional hair on hide tanning method is employed to ensure that the hide is soft. It ensures that the cowhide will last longer. It is then naturally dried and hand selected for best visual on the Tripod chair. Due to the natural state of the hide, the actual coloration on each item will vary from the image.
- Kardiel distributes from its Seattle, Washington location to any street address in the U.S & Canada. Does not ship to PO Boxes, APO/FPO addresses, or any of the U.S. Territories including Puerto Rico. Do ship to freight forwarders inside the U.S for our international customers wishing to purchase.
- The swatches arrive within 4-5 days for U.S customers and are complimentary. Canadian customers there is a nominal handling fee for sample packs and arrival time is 7-8 days
AVERAGE ORDERING TIMES
- In stock goods take on average of 7-10 business days to arrive to you. For our Canadian customers our average is 9-12 business days.
ABOUT SALES TAX
- Currently charge sales tax in the following states;
- CA, AZ, TX, NY, WA, IL, GA, CO, NJ, NC, MI, PA, MD, MN, IN, DC, UT, and LA, MI, PA, MD, MN, IN, DC, UT, and LA
PREPARING FOR DELIVERY
- Please check your entrances and hallway sizes prior to ordering to ensure your purchase will fit through the areas of your home. Please be aware that packaging will increase the overall size of the item. If you are unsure, please call us. Unless you purchase inside delivery services during checkout, the delivery service will deliver your item curb-side. Curbside Delivery: acceptance of delivery will take place at the delivery vehicle.
- With Inside Delivery Service, drop off location will be determined by the delivery agent. Your item/items will be delivered to the closest dry area (porch, garage, common area, lobby, building receiving areas, or inside the closest door of the dwelling/building).
- Leather and Fabrics are natural upholstery options and unique variance in color and texture is to be expected. A natural occurrence in leather is the appearance of Patina and creases; this is not a manufacturing defect. Wood grains and color tones are also subject to variation and naturally change appearance with age.
Returns & Refunds
- Orders under $5,000 can be returned to us without a return fee. For returns requested within 10 days, we even arrange & issue a Kardiel store credit for the return shipping.
- Returned orders over $5,000 will incur a 20% return fee. For returns requested within 10 days, we arrange and issue a Kardiel store credit for the return shipping.
- Unfortunately Expedited & Upgraded inside Delivery Options are non-refundable.
- If you miss your delivery and then cancel the order, total shipping costs and a 20% restock fee will be assessed to the returned order.
- Shipping costs associated with items returned after the 10th day of the '365 trial' are deducted from the refund and not available for Kardiel credit.
Cancellations and Exchanges
- If you change your mind and your order has not shipped, we are happy to help you switch to a different product. Exchanges for previously delivered furniture orders are not allowed.
- If you need to cancel an order, simply let us know and we can assist you. If your item has shipped already, please let us know as soon as you can. If possible we will try to stop the shipment to minimize freight costs for you. If we are unable to stop the shipment you can receive the shipment and then request a return after you've received the item.
Special Orders. Damaged Items
- The delivery of custom color or size items takes 12-16 weeks to arrive to our warehouse. Special/custom orders are unable to be cancelled after we begin production. Unfortunately, we do not accept returns for Special/Custom order furniture.
- Unlikely as it is, if you receive a product that’s been damaged in transit, is defective or missing a part, we will arrange a prompt replacement, a professional repair or a new part, whichever is appropriate.
Accessory, Bath & Outdoor Returns
- To request the return of products in our Accessory, Bath & Outdoor categories please contact us within 10 days of receipt for specific return instructions. Due to the nature of use, these items are not eligible for the 365 day return offer.
- If you have specific delivery needs, please contact us prior to shipment at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can assist!